Finance Division is bound to fulfill the objectives formulated in relation to the National Child Protection Act, No. 50 of 1998 in terms of the Finance Act No. 38 of 1971.
The main function/duty of the Finance Division is to carry out the accounting activities in conformity with the Financial Regulations, Sri Lanka Public Sector Accounting Standards and Establishment Code while following the circulars issued by the General Treasury.
Identification and monitoring of duties in terms of how the authority has been delegated within the organizational structure, preparation of annual budget estimates, and preparation of year end accounting reports and submitting them to the relevant authorities are amongst the main duties of the Finance Division.
The main source of receiving financial provisions for the Authority is from the Government Treasury. Therefore Finance Division should ensure the proper utilization of fund received.
Role of the Finance Division
- Accounting for all receipts and payments in timely manner.
- The disbursement of Recurrent and Capital receipts from the Government Treasury in the following manner;
- Salaries and other recurrent expenses
- Development Activities, rehabilitation and maintenance activities
- Acquisition, maintenance and development of assets of the Authority
- Disbursement of funds to the District and Division offices to perform the projects of the Authority.
- Recording all receipts and payments in Cash Books and relevant ledgers.
- Submitting monthly progress reports.
- Board of Survey of Assets.
- Inventory Management.
- Maintain proper Fixed Asset register, Advance register etc.
- Preparation of year end Final Accounts and submitting them to relevant authorities.